Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Twi Tour MN 2009 Re-cap (Part Two)

The TwilightMOMS panel

I was very nervous at first, but after the elevator incident I decided that I could overcome my stagefright. Right before I went on stage I had two feelings: first I thought that I was going to cry

second I thought that I was going to throw up. Once Gary introduced me and I walked onto the stage I was fine. I introduced the rest of the panel and started with Lisa's intro on TwilightMOMS.com

Part One:


Part Two:


Part Three:


Everyone did such a great job on their answers to the questions and we finished up just after 2:00 p.m. We did a gift exchange amongst those of us on the panel. CuteVamp had my name and I got a knit Bella hat, some gummy fangs, knit washcloths and a calendar with TwilightMoms written on it. Thanks again!!! I made up goody bags for all the gals on the panel and others who helped. In the bags were: TwilightTammy Cullen Crest earrings, a Twilight sticker, small baseball eraser, plastic Sheriff badge, a Blood Pop (Harry Potter strawberry flavored sucker)and a Twilight pin. :D

We got a group picture in the room next door:


Fast forward through the TM panel to the Q&A session with Edi. I submitted a question a friend had given me to ask Edi about who fell down more on the magic carpet~Edi, Cam or Rachelle?
My question was picked and I stood up. Edi looks at me and says, "Elevator girl"
:pop: OME, he totally remembered me and he says "Hold on a second I gotta tell everyone the story. Is that okay?" So he proceeds to tell the story in front of the entire audience. :oops: :thud: :rolf:
Fast forward to the autograph table with Edi. I walk up and he says, “Elevator girl. You know I’m really sorry you had to hear all that. That whole display of man-love and all that.” I said, “No, really it was okay. I wasn’t complaining at all. You guys totally made my entire weekend.” ^:)^ ^:)^
Fast forward to the Vampire Ball Saturday night, when he came to our table to visit us, he called me it again and we all talked about it a bit. Then again at the breakfast on Sunday morning, he called me it again when he got to our table.
So I decided to get a picture with him, too...since it was such an awesome weekend partly due to that experience and all the TMs I was with keep referring to me as “elevator girl”. I won an auction that included an extra autograph from the two wolves who were there (who are beautiful, btw), as well as another one from Catherine and Edi. So I asked Edi to sign mine referencing the elevator girl thing. He wrote “If I ever catch you in an elevator again, I will bite you.”
Oh, and I kept that dollar I had in my back pocket (because that was in my pocket when I had the elevator incident)…so now it is my lucky dollar ;)

So there it is. I know you probably didn’t enjoy it as much as I did, but I hope it made you smile.

My advice to anyone that goes to any of these conventions (take it or leave it):
~take your camera with you everywhere you go because you never know when you’ll run into one of the stars
~stay in the hotel that the convention is held at because the stars typically stay there, too…and you never know when you’ll run into them (but don’t stalk them or anything…if it was meant to be, you’ll run into them…once, twice, or maybe more times)
~don’t allow yourself to get too “star-struck” if you do run into one of them-just try to be calm, cool and collected and say something to them. Remember, no matter how gorgeous or yummy they are they are people too and don’t want to be squee’d at or just stared at. Try to put yourself into their shoes and think about how you would want to be treated if YOU were the star.

I'll post the rest of my notes on Saturday and Sunday soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0